alberta barrel racing association scholarship application information
The ABRA was established in 1996 to promote the sport of barrel racing by providing competitions in which each horse and rider has an equal opportunity to be competitive at her/his own level. Any current member in good standing may apply for a scholarship. The scholarships are to be applied towards expenses incurred while attending a college, university, trade school, or any post secondary educational institution.
To Accompany This Application Form:
1) ONE (1) Sealed Letter of Personal Reference: Indicating the length of time the writer has
known the applicant and specifics concerning the applicant’s work habits, personality,
goals/ambitions, contributions to society, etc. Family members may not be used.
2) ONE (1) Sealed Letters of Reference from Volunteer Organizations (Eg. 4H, ABRA, Church, and
School): Indicating the length of time the applicant has volunteered and in what capacity.
3) Letter of Intent by Applicant: Revealing the applicant’s intentions and ambitions in pursuing a
post secondary education. Please indicate what drew you to this avenue of study, how you plan
to achieve your goal, and how you plan to use your education in the future. (Minimum 250 –500 words – typed).
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JULY 1, 2022
- Applicants will be notified by September 30 2022 of their status.
- Scholarship will be decided prior to September 1 2022 and notification of winners will be announced on ABRA website.
- Scholarships are limited to one per member but if not selected they may apply a second time.
- All scholarships carry a one year expiry date. If the scholarship is not used by that date, the money will be reintroduced into the scholarship fund.
- Applicants must be Full Card ABRA members from 2021-2022.
- Recipients must provide a confirmation of enrollment from their institution in order to receive their funds. Cheques will be made payable jointly to the institution AND recipient and will be released upon confirmation.
- Minimum one (1) $1,000.00 scholarship per year will be awarded.
Please mail scholarship applications to:
ABRA Scholarship Committee
C/O April Tunke
10517B HWY 887