Update From ABRA

Due to the recent release of the new CMOH (Chief Medical Officer of Health ) order (click this link to read the order) https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/9f6059f0-5f89-41f9-85bf-c75eac365b60/resource/05b2faca-d263-4931-96e0-22dd0acf9f63/download/health-cmoh-record-of-decision-cmoh-18-2020.pdf the ABRA regretfully has to cancel all jackpot approvals until which time a new CMOH order is released indicating sporting and competition events can proceed.  It is sad to report that this is the direction we have to take to protect the organization for its future sustainability.  We recommend that you contact your local MLA’s and MPs with your disappointment as we truly believe that barrel racing could easily be a social distancing safe environment.  AHS contacts were in support of us and fought hard to get us going but it is beyond their control. The board of directors and office staff have been working hard to try and make the best possible decision for the association as a whole. As soon as it becomes clear from CMOH that we can get back to barrel racing we will be here to try to get our jackpots back up running ASAP and us as barrel racers back competing. We understand that this pandemic has brought much uncertainty to everyone throughout the province but would like to reassure you, the membership, that we as a board are trying to make the best possible choices with the information that is given to us each week. We hope to be back stronger than ever sooner rather than later. Tamera Campanelli, President ABRA

Scroll to Top